Thursday, July 28, 2011

Quick Update

Well it's almost the weekend but there is still so much to do! This week I have been busy doing a New Teacher's Orientation program that Metro hosted. It was semi-helpful but a lot of repeat stuff that I learned in college. I was overwhelmed with all the information that we were given through the week. I spent (with about 180 other new teachers), every day from 7:45-3:45 being bombarded with loads of info that we need to know. Needless to say, by Wednesday afternoon, I was mentally exhausted.

I am hoping to get in my classroom tomorrow but that has yet to be determined. I'll find out in the morning. I have 6 big boxes and lots of other stuff to get out of my apartment and into my new classroom. Plus the room still needs a good cleaning, new paint, and so many other things. I could (and probably will) spend all day every day for a week working in there and still have loads to do. I'm trying not to let that overwhelm me. Luckily, I met some really nice new teachers at my school and we're all holding each other up for now. I've been told the teachers on my team will be just as helpful so I'm thankful for that! There is just so much to do and so little time to do it in, but I'll manage. I've already started recruiting people to come help me paint and put tennis balls on chair legs :) 

While all of this is going on, we're also trying to get Kevin moved and plan a wedding :)  Kevin is officially moving tomorrow but we've already moved a lot of his stuff. This is a weird move b/c it's just moving his stuff to a new place. We're doing that, but we're also moving things into my apartment and some of my stuff is going to his new place. That means a little more planning is involved haha. But we're managing!

As for the wedding, I'm hoping to have something finalized by the 2nd weekend in August. We're going to Big Canoe to meet with some people and see what we like. The wedding will most likely be in March (which weekend is up in the air right now) and most likely at Big Canoe in North GA. This is by no means finalized or determined yet. We're just hoping. I have spring break the first week in April so we're trying to make good use of it. I was going to wait until everything was finalized but I figured I'd at least share some of the decision making process. :)

With so many things up in the air right now, I will be very happy when something is finally put in it's place. I feel like a juggler right now. Hopefully nothing falls and hits me in the head, but I'll be glad to take a few things out of the air. This week I should start getting my classroom in order and by the end of the weekend, my apartment should be back in order. This will go a long way in bringing order back to my brain. I know for me, when there is chaos in the settings around me (i.e. classroom that's a mess, apartment full of stuff that's not in it's place yet & boxes to go to school....), there's some chaos in my head. That, plus all the emotional stress of starting school, getting a date set, being overwhelmed with information from the district, etc., has made me a mess this week. With compassion and help from a bigger God, I'm muddling my way through one day at a time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment